Google
 

Monday, September 17, 2007

Weight Loss Tip - The Toothpaste Method

A few simple changes in our day to day life can be used to stimulate weight and fat loss. While some of these tips are not powerful enough to bring about a complete weight loss, they can be used to help us from gaining useless pounds and may even increase the pace of our diet.



Research has shown that a great deal of our eating occurs at evening and night. This happens because of several reasons:



1. We're hungry when we come home from work

2. We sit in front of the TV which always goes along with eating something

3. Psychologically, coming home is always associated with eating. This is a primal instinct in which we hoard on food before we go out again to the 'big, harsh outside world'.



Many diets prohibit eating at night or urge their followers to cut down on what they eat at night. This is often easier said than done as we all gather to eat dinner with our family and we have all this tasty food handy in the fridge. I found a simple way in which we can overcome the urge to eat at night in our home and so cut down the amount of useless calories we put into our bodies.



Now, this may sound a little silly, but start brushing your teeth earlier.



Yes, that's right. I am not crazy. I found out that after I brush my teeth at night, I don't eat anything until breakfast. I'm too lazy to brush my teeth again which I will have to do if I eat again before bed.



This is a little psychological trick that is working for me and my friends. People don't want to brush their teeth over and over again. Brush your teeth early after dinner, and you won't snack in front of the TV or out of boredom. You will invigorate your weight loss. Try it and you'll be pleasantly surprised.




John Davenport lost over 30 pounds in his twenties after being overweight most of his life. He is an advocate of safe dieting and fitness. To read more about safe diets visit:
http://www.squidoo.com/fatloss4idiotsdiet



To go to the Fat Loss 4 Idiots website, click here: FatLoss4Idiots.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?Weight-Loss-Tip---The-Toothpaste-Method&id=559775

No comments:

Google